New for this year only....
1. The SOSA Promotion policy for the 2016 (into the 2017) ERSL at the U14 age level will be determined as follows;
- the U13 team to finish first in their league will be granted promotion
- a second team will be granted promotion if they are within 6 points of the 1st place team
(if the U13 division is made up of a combined age group, it will be the top two U13 teams in the standings that will be reviewed regardless of where they sit in over all standings)
U14 L3 Player Selections Process (Policy under review as of July 14, 2016)
- Coaches put the top player(s) names forward to Club Head Coach/TD (if no Head Coach/TD then directly to Jim Cannovan)
- Jim and TAC members will be scouting players throughout the summer
- Open Try Out
- Coach of the L3 team along with input from Club TD/HC and SOSA TD and TAC committee will select the players for the team
- Individual Player Assessments will determine talent levels (not team accomplishment)
- Jim and TAC will validate if after selecting first team whether there is enough players to roster a second team that can compete at a high level.
- If so, second team coach and player will be selected.
- All the top players will go to the first team.The second team will be built from the remaining talent pool.